I’m not a person who typically buys cookbooks. Typically you can get more free recipes online than you could use in many lifetimes. That being said, I’m going to order this book today on Amazon.
A Few Highlights
- The book contains 300+ gluten-free recipes and nearly EVERY recipe can be adapted to be casein/dairy-free if it’s not already listed as dairy-free!
- The book contains about 40% “whole foods” recipes — meaning over 125+ recipes in the book are for naturally gluten-free foods like fresh vegetables, meat, chicken, eggs, rice, potatoes, etc.
- There are also gluten-free “quick food” options using helpful and easy-to-find convenience ingredients such as gluten-free pasta, canned vegetables and fruits, etc.
- There are GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE BAKED GOODS included in this book! YES! You can make homemade gluten-free BREAD AND CAKE in your slow cooker!
- The book contains chapters for kid-friendly foods AND recipes that use 5 Ingredients or Less.
- These recipes were designed to be EASY, SIMPLE, (mostly) HEALTHY, and Delicious recipes for the entire family to enjoy!
Crock-Pots are amazing for those following a gluten free diet. Here’s a video I found of just so easy it is cook a pot roast in a slow cooker.
Wegmans Recalls Gluten-Free Baking Products – Several gluten-free baking products are being recalled from Wegmans. Wegmans’ gluten-free chocolate cake, honey cornbread and all-purpose baking mixes are being pulled from store shelves.[source]
HOW TO BE G-FREE IN COLLEGE – Reader Marybeth Harrison recently wrote to me about her daughter’s efforts to make her college cafeteria more G-free friendly. She highlights an important issue: not all college cafeterias provide convenient G-free options. If you’re still in high school, I encourage you to research this and factor it in when considering schools. You should also consider how G-free friendly the towns in which the schools are located are.[source]
Upstart brewing company tapping into gluten free – Some young Pittsburgh professionals are tapping into a new idea to change the way beer is brewed.[source]
Liked today’s video? Don’t miss tomorrrow!
Enter your email below and we’ll send you a free, daily, video email. Keep up-to-date on everything new in the world of Gluten Free..